Job opportunities for Admin, Finance and Public Relation Assistant
हिलसाइड कलेज अफ इन्जिनियरिङ्गबाट सञ्चालित गौरीशंकर इङ्लिस बोर्डिङ स्कुल बालकुमारी इमाडोलको लागि एकजना Admin, Finance and Public Relation Assistant आवश्यक भएकोले ToR बमोजिम कार्यक्षमता प्रदर्शन गर्न इच्छुक स्नातक व्यक्तिले ७ दिनभित्र तलको वेभसाइट मार्फत निवेदन पेश गर्नहुन सूचित गरिन्छ।
Hillside College of Engineering Balkumari, Koteshwor,
Send your CV at : email@example.com
Phone: 015203132, 015147207
TOR for Admin, Finance and Public Relation Assistant
- Full Time
- Qualification: Bachelor or equivalent
- Capable of motorcycle driving with the required license
- Salary: Negotiable
- Regular performance appraisal by Principal and extension of service can be every year based on the satisfactory performance of the person and the continuing need for the position
- Assisting the Principal, Vice-principal and providing necessary support to the entire academic team in delivering their duties
- Allot task to admin staff and does regular supervision of their work.
- Drafting documents and note-taking in meetings, proofreading and transcribing required documents, and also doing necessary correspondence under the guidance of Principal and Vice-principal
- Ordering office supplies and communicating with vendors under the guidance of Principal
- Distributes mails, organizes files, schedules and carries out general office administration-functions
- Receives and answers telephones, and provides telephone support to all teaching and non-teaching staff of the school
- Conducts general analysis of data and information and preparing reports in relation to various activities of the school
- Supervision of cafeteria/canteen and its operation
- Coordinates with academic staff and performs other related administrative duties
- Maintains and keeps files up-to-date.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned by the principal
- Deploys admin support staff as necessary
- Preparation of the annual budget with supporting documents (narrative and required tables) with respect to finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals, in terms of staff and non-staff salaries and other expenditures
- Assists Principal in the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions
- Supports the Principal in extracting information and generating expenditure reports from computerized information system databases;
- Reviews requisitions for goods and services to ensure (a) correct objects of expenditure have been charged, and (b) availability of funds
- Verifies accuracy of input data and ensures consistency of data in previous expenditure to new expenditure voucher
- Records the daily income and expenditure
- Analyses of the extracted information and the reports generated and highlights areas of concern for the attention of the Principal and School Management.
- Prepares timely and updated financial report of the school including budget performance submissions
- Identifies and annotates bank account movements and ensures periodic reconciliation of accounts
- Prepares monthly, trimester wise, bi-annual, and annual budget reports, cross-checks consistency of figures in tables with the text of the reports, and verifies references to other reports and documents, bringing errors to the attention of the Principal;
- Verifies accuracy of input data, ensuring consistency of data in previous expenditure to new expenditure issued.
- Analyses/compile data and other information required by the Principal and School Management in the review and analysis of relevant proposals including relevant activity-based funds
- Monitoring expenditures and comparing with the approved budget and preparing adjustments submissions as necessary
- Preparation of budget performance submissions and finalization of budget performance reports, also analyzing variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures
- Prepares pre-encumbrances and obligations and reviews them to ensure that funds are available and the correct account has been used.
- Prepares financial statements and management reports.
- Prepares updated record of tax related to teachers, programs, and overall school efficient utilization of financial resources.
- Handles petty cash for emergency use
- Correspondence on behalf of Principal with respect to inquiries related to financial and budget matters.
- Maintains and keeps files up-to-date.
Public Relation (PR)
- Coordinate and write the prospectus of School’s in both hard copy and online for all levels (pre-primary to senior secondary)
- Generate ideas and inputs for the development of new e-marketing materials - Gather market intelligence and working with the principal to analyze the results of the marketing plans
- Arranges digital marketing by promoting the school on various social media (i.e. Facebook and Instagram etc.)
- Publicizes the strengths of the academic faculties of the school
- Promote the profile of the School as a whole to external audiences
- Gather information on competitor schools and programs
- Drive marketing campaign of school for admitting best students to meet the set goals
- Write and produce marketing material (brochures, posters, flyers, etc) for the School’s programs, liaison with the relevant academic staff to update content as necessary
- Create fresh and up-to-date web content
- Updating the School’s Facebook account and website
- Collate materials and edit contents for the school’s e-newsletter and circulate to internal and external audiences
- Prepare the media mobilization plan and act as the liaison between the school and media
- Prepares indoor and outdoor marketing campaigns
- Prepare marketing collateral for the School’s corporate relations activities
- Represent and promote the School at local, regional and national promotion programs and also organize promotional events and exhibitions for school
- Select promotional merchandise for exhibitions and for use as corporate gifts
- Maintain a photo library and arrange external photoshoots and filming with placement students and alumni as well as in-house photoshoots with School staff and students
- Proactively searching out information for PR purposes
- Coordinating the School’s annual graduation prize-giving ceremony
- Update the School’s PR notice boards
- Study market trends and implementing recent ideas to upsell the student enrollment
- Market analysis including post-event analysis & planning for new programs development
- Assist to Organize other School events: and act as the major speaker of events etc.
(b) Student support
- Assess student’s problem through detailed conversations, interviews observations, and administering a questionnaire to determine the actual problem
- Arrange individual discussions with students and their parents for giving them educational and occupational information
- Listen to students, asking necessary questions, and developing effective strategies to improve their situation for continuing studies on a normal process
- Actively help students in coping with stressful situations.
- Maintain complete secrecy about discussion done about the student with the teacher, student, and parent or guardian.
- Support students regarding proper study habits and assist them in their development.
- Work with student and parent and develop achievement goals for student in collaboration with them
- Record the student’s progress and adjust the supporting plan accordingly
- Arrange orientation programs for teachers to enlist their cooperation regarding student((s)
- Refer the serious medical cases to the medical personnel or health centers
- Prepare an up-to-date list of the informational and referral resources
- Disaggregate individual, educational and occupational information in relation to students
- Organize career days, career weeks, career conferences, parents’ days, etc.
- Arrange talks by experts from different fields.
- Disseminate the information through educational and career talks, group discussions and film shows, etc.
- Prepare guidance leaflets, brochures, and monographs and get them printed for distribution to the students.
- Introduce Cumulative Record cards and get them maintained with the cooperation of other members of the teaching staff and use these cards in guiding the students.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Expected competencies, skills, and attributes
- (a) Competencies
- Competency in using Microsoft Office -word-processing, spreadsheet, and presentation packages
- Competent in handling MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Outlook
- Ability to operate general office equipment, such as a copy machine, fax machine, multi-line telephone system, and scanner.
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply financial rules, regulations, and procedures in the school environment, and operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules;
- Knowledge, skills, and ability to extract, interpret, analyze and format data across the full range of finance and budget functions and database management and treasury operations.
- Ability to identify and resolve data discrepancies and operational problems.
- Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work;
- Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning;
- Assists Principal in adjusting plans and actions as necessary;
- Takes ownership of assigned responsibilities and honors commitments;
- Delivers outputs within prescribed time with cost and quality standards;
- Understanding of promotional practices and good knowledge of market research techniques, statistical and data analysis methods
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- An enthusiast with influencing and negotiation skills
- A team player with a customer-oriented approach
- Prepare s different types of social media posts for the school
- Excellent management and communication skills including high standards of written communication, grammar, and spelling Information management skills
- Belief in each individual;
- Respect for individual human values;
- Alertness to the world;
- Understanding of self;
- Professional commitment.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results
- Motivated by professional rather than personal concerns
- Persistence in coping with difficult problems or challenges and remains calm in stressful situations
- Self-motivated to achieve targets,
- Ability to think outside the box and positive attitude